ecodrivingusa

Saturday, September 1, 2007

What a Country

Hurricane season is back and if Katrina is dim in your mind, just watch this video clip from the http://www.whenthesaints.org/ website and sign the petition to Congress. I don't know how to express how angry I am. The houses are, for the most part, still standing. The devastation was as a result of the water, so for God's sake Bush and Congress, fix the levees and start a massive rebuilding program. I don't care whether my tax dollar is used to give these poor people homes. The damn FEMA trailers cost something like 100K each and now they are giving off toxic fumes. It is just unfathomable that in TWO YEARS we couldn't have built actual homes for people for that kind of money. I repeat FIX THE LEVEES and BUILD HOMES. If we weren't spending all of my future grandchildren's money on a criminal war, we would readily have the money for rebuilding New Orleans. From my view point New Orleans is going to be our version of Rio de Janeiro with its horrific favelas if we don't take care of this now. Where are all those "compassionate conservatives"? Hmmm...let's see, planning on building a great big wall around the Garden District?? And to think that a couple of posts ago I was talking about Greece being almost like the Third World...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Susan, I liked your video of New Orleans two years after Katrina. It made me think about those poor people losing their homes, and I wish the best for all of them.

Fay Hiebert