ecodrivingusa

Friday, September 21, 2007

What a country II continued

I guess I spoke too soon about the student response to the Taser event. There have been marches and protests. It makes me feel a bit better, but not much.

An e-mail went out this morning to Democratic organizers in our congressional district exhorting us to work on the congressional campaign and saying that Bill Clinton will be in Lowell campaigning on behalf of the female candidate...right. We all know the only reason he will be here is because of his wife. As I said before, I highly doubt that a Republican has a snow ball's chance of winning. The only thing here for Bill is garnering votes for Hillary. Side note: I had lunch with a friend yesterday and when I asked him who he supported now for President, he said none. He too is tired of holding his nose at the polling booth. Here's a highly intelligent, educated guy who sees no point in voting. He's my latest recruit to my "if you don't like the candidates, go to the polls to show you care, and turn in an unmarked ballot" plan.

Re Bill (and by association, Hillary): I have Clinton fatigue, although every time I see him or hear him speak on television I do get a rush, but it is the kind you have if you see an old badboy boyfriend. If you are sane you realize it is just nostalgia and fantasy, not reality. Reality is that he slept with your best friend, has since left her, and is with the new flavor of the month. Who need's Mr. Baskin Robbins?

No comments: