ecodrivingusa

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Matsui's 2nd Birthday!

Yesterday was my Welsh Pembroke Corgi Matsui's 2nd birthday. Unfortunately we couldn't celebrate with any special treats because he has developed allergies and now is on a single protein diet. I feel terrible for him because he can't even have a chewy bone. It is very frustrating to try to figure out what is causing his itching. Considering he could easily live at least 15 more years, it wouldn't be a pleasant thing to have to endure allergies needlessly. I thought the steroids he is taking were stopping the itching, but today he has weepy red eyes. Coincidentally, I have allergy symptoms starting up again too. There must be something in the air...but what? He can't be a bubble-dog.

Matsui is my second Corgi. My husband really didn't want to get another dog after Tristan died, but I sort of begged and started looking for a puppy, sending him photos of puppies I had found, etc. and the next thing he knew we were driving to Connecticut to pick up our pup. He was 11 weeks old when he came home with us, so we didn't really have very much real puppy time. If you are wondering about the name, his mother's name is Sushi (I didn't make these names up) and so the breeders gave all the pups Japanese names. Yes, I know that Matsui is the name of a Yankee, but really, baseball players get traded all the time. What if his name had been Damon or Nomar?

Matsui is a black headed tri and a very handsome character. He "talks" a lot more than my beloved Tristan did and I like that. It isn't barking; he makes little throaty growly (not growling) sounds when he want to communicate with me. If only I could speak Corgi. If I could have any wish (besides Pageant wishes like "world peace" or happiness for my children, that sort of thing), I would love for my dog to be able to talk to me. Guess that's not really going to happen, but it would be a wonderous thing!

Now out to enjoy a beautiful Labor Day Sunday. Maybe we will take a walk.

Chow!

P.S. Go here to see the best Corgi website ever: http://www.zippyweb.com/





No comments: