ecodrivingusa

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Back to the Future II

I thought I was going to write something nice about last night's Boston Pops Christmas concert (it was my first of the season) and I will later, but torture has taken over my mind. CNN is my homepage and there is always a poll of some sort. I know it is not scientific in any way because it appears you can vote as often as you like. But yesterday's caught my attention. Apparently 55% of the respondents think waterboarding/torture is o.k. under some circumstances. Why I should be shocked, I don't know, but I am. I am very, very sad that fear has taken over. The BIG LIE has won out and we as a people apparently now believe it is o.k. (See
What Would Machiavelli Do? The Big Lie Lives On by Thom Hartmann http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0826-02.htm ) Waterboarding is torture. Torture is cruel and does not lead to truthful responses. In case you are pragmatist and aren't against torture because it is harmful to your own humanity, you should be against it because it places our own troops in danger.

Watch this story to see waterboarding...

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/12/11/agent.tapes/index.html

I pray we choose a President who will stop this madness.

No comments: