ecodrivingusa

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Slow down, you move too fast...

We have come to the second Sunday of Advent which means two more to Christmas. A friend from church gave me a wonderful Advent Calendar. It is titled "Slowdown. Quiet. It's Advent!" It is reminding me that in the midst of all the rush, rush to try (yes, try) to take at least a moment each day to think about what is of true importance in life.

What have I thought about today? When I was little I loved a Golden Book that I remember as being titled "I Like Bugs" (it's in my favorites list). Every couple of pages began with "I like..." The list included bugs, dogs, cars, and more, but ended up with "I like people." That is how I think all of us start out. Loving people or all kinds. That is how I still feel. It isn't stuff or things that have brought me the most happiness. It is people. Everyone from Mr. and Mrs. McGlaughlin who ran the hardware store in my town and who I remember from probably the age of 3 and Louie the butcher in the little grocery who gave me slices of bologna whenever my mother was at the meat counter to my newest singing friends. Maybe I should start a people blog. (How may blogs can one person have?) It would be a constant reminder of what is important in life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.