ecodrivingusa

Friday, August 1, 2008

Mamma Mia

So, up until now I have avoided going to see the ABBA musical Mamma Mia!  I sort of looked down my nose at the whole idea.  Tonight I went to see the movie and loved every silly second of it.  Here's what I say to all those snooty movie reviewers:  This isn't some deep intellectual film. When you have lived a real life and are middle-aged, you might get it.  Until then just shut up and go review deep angst ridden movies.  Meryl Streep and the rest of the cast clearly were having a lot of fun and the audience I was sitting in was too.  I haven't laughed or felt happy in a long time and this made me bounce my way out of the theatre.  

Oh, and one more thing:  Pierce Brosnan sang just fine.  This isn't opera (and I know opera).  He carried his tunes and did the speak-sing thing a few times and it worked. 

I'm glad I went. 


No comments: